Well, the wait is over! Apple, in its ongoing event, has pulled the curtains off the most eagerly awaited gadget of the year - the iPhone 6. As expected, Apple has brought out two models of the iPhone 6. First is the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 and the second is the first ever 5.5 inch Apple phablet, called the iPhone 6 plus. Here is everything you need to know about the devices -
1. Apple will start shipping both the variants from 19th September in US, Australia, Germany, France, Singapore and Japan. The phone will reach 115 countries by the end of 2014.
2. Both the phones will come loaded with the next-gen A8 chip, which is 50 times faster than the one in the original iPhone, and can deliver graphics up to 84x faster than any iPhone.
3. Both the phones will come preloaded with iOS 8.
4. The iPhone 6 has a 4.7 inch display with 1136x640 p resolution and the iPhone 6 Plus has a 5.5 inch display with 1920x1080p resolution.
5. The primary cameras on both the variants will be the 8 MP iSight camera with f/2.2 aperture speed, phase-detection, twice as fast auto-focus and 43 MP panorama shooting capability. The front camera has also been improved for burst free selfies. Its 2.1 megapixel sensor can capture 81% more light.
6. The improved camera can now capture 1080p footage at 60 frames per second, with continuous autofocus. The Slow-motion mode can now go as slow as 240 fps for incredibly slow footage.
7. The iPhone 6 starts at a price of $199 and will go up to $399 with contract depending upon the storage space which ranges between 64GB-128GB, while the iPhone 6 Plus will start at a price of $299 with a contract in the US.
8. Both the variants will be available in 128GB version.
9. “Reachability” is a new feature in the iPhone 6 that makes the big-screen more reachable. For example if you double tap the home button, the active part of the display slides downward about halfway.
10. Both the variants now have a barometer which lets the phone measure both distance and elevation traveled.
11. It can support download speeds up to 150MB per second.
12. This is also the first iPhone with 802.11ac Wi-Fi networks, that can amplify the speeds up to 3x.
13. Wi-Fi calling has also been introduced for the first time. The phone can hand-off calls from cellular networks to Wi-fi and back during active calls.
Photo: © Apple (Main Image)