It appears that, alongside the new Galaxy S6, there will also be a S6 'Edge' variant which may be more affordable, and a little less pants-busting, than the Note Edge which includes a 5.6" display.
Although no official naming has been announced for the Edge variant, SamMobile is tentatively calling it the Galaxy S6 Edge. The report also goes on to say that the Edge variant may only be made available in select markets as Samsung continues to experiment adding curved displays to its lineup.
Unfortunately no new information has been confirmed on the spec sheet for the S6 since we last reported on it in the beginning of November, but here are some of the rumoured specs of the Galaxy S6:
- Quad HD display, 2560 x 1440 pixels, no word on size (the S5 is 5.1")
- 16/20 Mpx back camera, with OIS
- 5 Mpx camera same as the Galaxy A5 and A3
- New Exynos 7420, 64-bit chip / Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
- Broadcom’s new BCM4773 sensor chip.
- 32/64/128 GB storage
- Possible in-house LTE modem
Although SamMobile says it has been able to confirm the naming of the next flagship as the 'Galaxy S6', the report says that we should take the 'Edge' variant rumor and the specs for the S6 with a pinch of salt for now, until more substantial or official info becomes available.
Source: SamMobile | Image: Hardware Pal