With the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 now over and Australia crowned as the champions in international cricket, one of the most exciting domestic cricket tournaments, the Indian Premier League (IPL), is about to begin. Just like the last time we explained the procedure to integrate the World Cup schedule to your Windows Phone 8.1 built-in calendar, this time we'll detail you on how to do the same for the IPL:
- Download the .ics file from ESPN Cricinfo official website.
- Sign in to your outlook calendar through a browser.
- Click on the "import" button on the top left side of you calendar.
- Upload the .ics file and fill in the associated details.
- Go to your Windows Phone settings.
- Click on email+accounts> Microsoft account> Sync.
Needless to say, the IPL schedule will sync not only to your Windows Phone, but to all your Windows devices provided that they are connected via the same Microsoft account.
Just like the Cricket World Cup, you will get daily updates on the next match, including team names, starting time, venues and direct links to relevant Cricinfo pages. Moreover, by default, you will also receive an alert 15 minutes before a match starts along with reminders on your devices' lock-screen, but you can change that from your calendar's settings if you want. It is also notable that if you are annoyed with the constant reminders about upcoming matches, you can simply navigate to your calendar's settings and 'un-tick' the relevant schedule from there.
Let us know if you encounter any problems.
Will you watch the IPL? Which team are you supporting? Sound off below.