Dwajarohanam was performed at Sri Govindaraja Swamy Vari temple in Tirupati on Saturday, marking the commencement of the nine-day annual Brahmotsavam there. The ceremonious Dwajarohanam took place in Mesha Lagnam between 5am to 5.30am in this ancient temple. The sacred yellow cloth with the imprint of Lord Garuda, the celestial carrier of Lord MahaVishnu, was hoisted atop the golden flag post `Dwajasthambam' situated inside the temple complex amidst the traditional recitation of Vedic hymns by temple priests.
Sri Govindaraja Swamy temple is one the most important ancient temples located in the heart of the temple city. Renowned Sri Vaishnavite Saint Ramanujacharya consecrated this temple in the year 1130 AD. The daily rituals in this temple are performed according to Vaikhanasa Agama. HH Pedda Jeeyar Swamiji, HH Chinna Jeeyar Swamy, TTD Executive Officer Dr D Sambasiva Rao, Tirupati JEO Pola Bhaskar, Temple Dy EO Varalakshmi, AEO Prasad Raju and devotees took part in the rituals.