40 students took ill after they inhaled poisonous gases that reportedly emanated from the chemistry labs in Trinity College of Karimnagar on Friday.
According to preliminary reports, the students were working in the chemistry lab at the time of the incident.
Suddenly, there was leakage of poisonour gases and students complained of headache, nausea, vomitting and burning in the eyes.The students were rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. College sources said that the condition of three students is serious. Further details are awaited.