You are at Asha Centre for Enrollment of Physically Disabled ...

Asha Centre for Enrollment of Physically Disabled to organize “One Rupee Reconstructive Surgery”

Aakar Asha Centre for Enablement of Physically Disabled had been conducted 2nd “One Rupee Reconstructive Surgery” Camp Hyderabad, 25th August, 2014: The camp was aimed at workers who had been injured earlier and having residual disability from the North West Industrial Belt. 

An Awareness campaign amongst various industrial associations and industries, notably Dr. Reddys labs, was done. 56 patients were screened and among them 25 Physically Disabled persons identified for Reconstructive Surgery. A PowerPoint presentation on ‘’Ergonomics…..’’ was delivered by Dr. Arpita Achraya, for workers and union leaders. Dr. Narayana Reddy (Vice President) Dr. Reddy’s Labs, and Labour leaders Mr. Mallesh (Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh), Mr. Bhim Rao (B.J.P) and Mr. Madan Goud (Dr. Reddy’s Lab) spoke on the occasion of tremendous opportunity afforded to workers in a dedicated institution like Aakar Asha. About Aakar Asha Hospital.

Aakar Asha is located in Kukatpally, Hyderabad. After 12 years of its functioning in which about 600 physically disabled persons were operated upon in camps and more than 300 young doctors trained in surgical skills, the Aakar Asha hospital was launched.The hospital which commenced operations in November 2013, operates on a not-for-profit basis, 60 percent of patients being treated free of cost and the remaining 40% paying for care. Aakar Asha hospital is dedicated to the rehabilitation of physically disabled persons in India by reconstructive surgery and physical rehabilitation. Physical disability comprises 49% of all forms of disability (NSSO) and affects nearly 3 crore Indians. It is a 130 bed hospital with 56 beds operational. It is fully equipped with a Diagnostics facility, modern operation rooms (with operating microscope, power drills, etc), ICU, ER area, Rehab facility, etc. For more information,

please contact:
Srinivas Vadde: 9948526620, 
Sunil: 9866520337 
Konnections Integrated Marketing Action Group

Related News


Recent Galleries


Recent News