A fire broke out in a kitchen outside the hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara temple near here today but no one was injured.
Talari Ravi, Public Relations Officer of the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams that manages the shrine, told PTI that a ghee soaked wall accidentally caught fire from the embers of a large burning oven in the kitchen which was engaged in preparing 'Boondi'. The sacred laddu prasadam is made inside the temple with the 'boondi', he said.
Two fire tenders rushed to the spot immediately and brought the fire under control. No one was injured and no damage was reported in the mishap, he said.