You are at Cops suspect more victims may surface

Cops suspect more victims may surface

Interrogation of the cab driver, Shiv Kumar Yadav-who had allegedly raped a 25-year-old woman in the capital last Friday — has thrown up shocking details about his past. He is a serial offender and was involved in several rape cases in his village in UP and was arrested a couple of times. He was arrested for a robbery and rape case last year and was out on bail after which he shifted to his Devli house.

Delhi Police has sought details of the previous cases registered against him from their counterparts in UP. An officer said that though only six cases have come to the fore, they suspect that some other victims may not have gone to police after being threatened by him. He is being questioned to get to the truth.

The first case of a sexual assault was registered against Yadav in 2003 when he had beaten up a woman at his village in Mainpuri. It was also found that he was arrested under the UP Control of Goonda Act in 2009 and released on bail in 2010 after which he came to Delhi in 2011.

He has revealed that in 2013, he bought the Swift Dzire car through a loan agent, whom the cops are looking for now. He then got the vehicle registered from the Burari RTO and even managed to get an all-India permit. He has told the cops that he had paid Rs 5000 to a tout for this job. A case of forgery was registered against him on Monday at the Burari police station.

He used to lend his vehicle to two of his friends often who had also registered themselves with Uber, a cop said.

Yadav told the cops that after the incident he switched off the company iPhone and drove towards Mathura, avoiding routes which had toll plazas with cameras on them. This took him a bit longer to reach Mathura. On the way, he had stopped at a petrol pump in Hothal in UP for a refill. Cops are now scanning the CCTV footage at the petrol pump to verify his statement.

He had used his personal mobile phone to call his wife on the way. Police have found that one of his SIM cards was issued in the name of his friend, Gaurav. He said he had disposed of a second SIM card on his way to Mathura.

Yadav first tried to mislead cops saying that the victim had agreed to his sexual advances but retracted his statement when cops confronted him with the facts. His statement was also verified with his family members on Tuesday.

Police hope to file the chargesheet in 20 days.

The police have confirmed that the spot where the crime was committed was 3km away from her house.

The cops are now looking for Gaurav and another person whom he claimed had supplied him with the sim cards and contacts of the touts who had helped him get the fake registration done at the RTO.

Related News


Recent Galleries


Recent News