The Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu on Tuesday announced the second list of smart cities. Lucknow has emerged as topper in the list of smart cities. Apart from Lucknow, Warangal, Dharamsala, Chandigarh, Raipur, New Town Kolkata, Bhagalpur, Panaji, Port Blair, Imphal, Ranchi, Agartala and Faridabad have been placed in the second list smart cities.
- Adequate water supply,
- Assured electricity supply,
- Sanitation, including solid waste management,
- Efficient urban mobility and public transport,
- Affordable housing, especially for the poor,
- Robust IT connectivity and digitalization,
- Good governance, especially e-Governance and citizen participation,
- Sustainable environment,
- Safety and security of citizens, particularly women, children and the elderly,
- Health and education.
The first list of smart cities was announced in August last year.