Forbes had announced India’s top hundred richest people of 2014. Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani has topped the list for eighth consecutive year. Mukesh having a net worth of $23.6 billion which was more than $2.6 billion from last year.
Dilip Shanghvi, founder of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries is the new No. 2 and he followed by Wipro chairman Azij Premji
The combined net worth of India`s 100 wealthiest is USD 346 billion which is more than a third from USD 259 billion in 2013. For the first time, the top 100 richest tycoons in India are all billionaires.
The top 10 richest in India are:
1) Mukesh Ambani; $23.6 billion
2) Dilip Shanghvi; $18 billion
3) Azim Premji; $16.4 billion
4) Pallonji Mistry; $15.9 billion
5) Lakshmi Mittal; $15.8 billion
6) Hinduja brothers; $13.3 billion
7) Shiv Nadar; $12.5 billion
8) Godrej family; $11.6 billion
9) Kumar Birla; $9.2 billion
10) Sunil Mittal; $7.8 billion