Ahead of a crucial cabinet reshuffle on Tuesday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met select group of journalists on Monday and emphasised his government's four-point agenda.
Following are the top quotes from that meeting:-
1) Reshuffle on Tuesday aimed at expansion of the council of ministers.
2) Expansion of council of ministers to reflect the Budget focus and priorities.
3) Four-point agenda on minimum government for maximum governance - expeditious clearance of office files, improving ease of doing business, reduced time for Cabinet note finalisation and government no longer working in silos.
4) Dhaka carnage a reminder to the world to unite to fight against terrorism.
5) Time to give a bigger push to adopting the United Nations resolution to define terrorism.
6) Not correct to say economic growth in India will be jobless. Focus on creating more jobs in retail sector. Model law already passed.
7) Seventy per cent of 125,000 beneficiaries of loans under Jan Dhan Yojana for women and people belonging to scheduled castes, scheduled tribes and other backward castes.
8) I am in favour of promoting the personal sector for creating more jobs.
9) Bank Board Bureau to act as an agent to distance ownership from management.
10) Subsidies reforms have made headway with kerosene and urea. Entire leakage of subsidised kerosene in Chandigarh plugged. No complaints of urea shortage after more production and neem-coating.