Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani continued to top the Forbes list of India's Top 100 Richest People yet again. From $18.9 billion last year, The fortune of Ambani increased to $22.7 billion due to 21% increase in the shares of RIL in the recent past.
Pharmaceutical magnate Dilip Shanghvi occupied No.2 Position with a net worth of $16.9 billion. Hinduja Brothers who operate Hinduja Group with business interests in lubricants, trucks and cable television is at Number 3. Where as, Tech giant Wipro founder Azim Premji slipped to fourth spot with a 6% fall in revenue and Construction Tycoon Pallonji Mistry made it to the 5th spot.
Forbes fixed the minimum limit to feature in the Super Rich list to $1.25 billion, a sharp increase from $1.1 billion in 2015. Founders of e-commerce giant Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal couldn't make it to the list this year.
India's Top 10 Richest People:
1) Mukesh Ambani - $22.7 billion
2) Dilip Shanghvi - $16.9 billion
3) Hinduja Brothers - $15.2 billion
4) Azim Premji - $15 billion
5) Pallonji Mistry - $13.9 billion
6) Lakshmi Mittal - $12.5 billion
7) Godrej family - $12.4 billion
8) Shiv Nadar - $11.4 billion
9) Kumar Birla - $8.8 billion
10) Cyrus Poonawalla - $8.6 billion