While some people are known to relish eating chillies in their food, others keep away from this spicy vegetable. But apart from giving that spicy zing to your food, chillies are also packed with a host of health benefits...
- The vitamins (A, B and C) and minerals (copper, folate, potassium and manganese) found in chillies are good for overall health.
- They are also good to increase appetite in those who are trying to gain weight.
- Vitamin C and A found in chillies has antioxidants called beta-carotenoids, which are known to kill free radicals that may cause cell damage. These antioxidants also help prevent the build up cholesterol that could cause heart problems.
- Some studies say that asthmatics should eat chillies because they clear out the airways of the lungs.
- Cleanse out your system with chillies, which are known to remove toxins from the body.
- Experts suggest that chillies can fight infections by pumping more fresh blood in the body and guiding it to the infected area.
- The capsaicin present in chillies makes the brain release endorphins — a feel-good chemical.
- Research says that the vitamin C, folic acid and beta-carotene present in abundance in chillies lowers the risk of colon cancer.